Tuesday, January 14, 2014

To peel or not to peel....

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I do try to live by this but there are times when life gets in the way and I need a quick get me out of the house something. I started making smoothies two years ago and in the last six months really started to invent new liquid breakfasts that get the blood flowing. I have had a Magic Bullet for years but in December, broke down and bought the ultimate in blenders...a Vitamix. For the last month, I have been creating many different combinations for a healthy breakfast. I know I wasn't eating enough veggies but I think I am getting better. I will try to share some of my concoctions and if anyone who also loves a smoothie and would like to share recipes, please comment. Today's special goes like this and I must admit I am not a measuring kind of gal....
water to cover the blades
handful of kale, spinach and mini carrots
chunk of cucumber (unpeeled)
1/2 orange peeled
some frozen mango
slice of lime peeled
protein powder
chia and flax seeds
ice

It does need a title and I must keep track of the ingredients I use...lol It tasted great, not sweet and loaded with good things! I forgot to take a picture but will attempt another one another day. It was a bright green....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit My Creative Playground and to leave me a comment! I enjoy making new blog friends!