Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Some things never change!!


After thirty years, some things never change!
 This week will come to a grinding halt on Friday when my son celebrates his thirtieth (did I really write that? ) birthday!!! I don't feel THAT old and yet I have a son now in his 30's..... I remember well, not adjusting to that age just like I didn't like 40, or 50 or 60!! It's only a number and it's how I feel inside. Gee, I wonder how he is doing? Really!  Anyways, I had to make him a special card and I have been dwelling on this important deed for a while but not coming up with anything. Suddenly, on Wednesday I had an idea which stems from his youth. He LOVED being naked!! It was a chore to keep the clothes on him. In our home, we are pretty prudish about these things, so I have no idea where it started. But it certainly was entertaining!  I found this adorable image in the Bugaboo store and I knew it was for him. The  inside says:
"After thirty years, some things never change!!" I know it will make him laugh and I hope he has as much fun in the next thirty years, as he has had in the last. I am so proud of him and wish him love!
I used Scenic Route as my paper and coloured my image with Copics. I added pop dots for dimension and some ribbon and twine. Some Cuttlebug embossing was added to the top piece and the sentiment inside was computer generated. I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
PIO : funny bone
Catch the bug : anything goes
One Crazy Stamper : men/boys
One Stop Crafty Challenge : birthday
Digis With Attitude : make us laugh
Stamp Something : May digi day
Pollycraft Challenge: boyz to men

6 comments:

  1. Totally funny card and Lovely story. I really think it will give your DS a big smile in his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Linda. I love your story. Your son is going to LOVE this card. I'm so glad you found a Bugaboo image to fit the occasion. Thanks so much for entering the Catch the Bug Challenge. I hope you'll join us again!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is SO sweet. I love the combination of papers and colors these are just PERFECT! Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Challenge for our May Anything Goes!!, Good Luck! I hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda this is just too cute!! I am sure your son will love it! Thanks so much for joining us this month at One Crazy Stamper : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! great guy card! Thanks for playing the OCS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Thanks for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit My Creative Playground and to leave me a comment! I enjoy making new blog friends!