Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Some things never change!!


After thirty years, some things never change!
 This week will come to a grinding halt on Friday when my son celebrates his thirtieth (did I really write that? ) birthday!!! I don't feel THAT old and yet I have a son now in his 30's..... I remember well, not adjusting to that age just like I didn't like 40, or 50 or 60!! It's only a number and it's how I feel inside. Gee, I wonder how he is doing? Really!  Anyways, I had to make him a special card and I have been dwelling on this important deed for a while but not coming up with anything. Suddenly, on Wednesday I had an idea which stems from his youth. He LOVED being naked!! It was a chore to keep the clothes on him. In our home, we are pretty prudish about these things, so I have no idea where it started. But it certainly was entertaining!  I found this adorable image in the Bugaboo store and I knew it was for him. The  inside says:
"After thirty years, some things never change!!" I know it will make him laugh and I hope he has as much fun in the next thirty years, as he has had in the last. I am so proud of him and wish him love!
I used Scenic Route as my paper and coloured my image with Copics. I added pop dots for dimension and some ribbon and twine. Some Cuttlebug embossing was added to the top piece and the sentiment inside was computer generated. I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
PIO : funny bone
Catch the bug : anything goes
One Crazy Stamper : men/boys
One Stop Crafty Challenge : birthday
Digis With Attitude : make us laugh
Stamp Something : May digi day
Pollycraft Challenge: boyz to men

7 comments:

  1. Totally funny card and Lovely story. I really think it will give your DS a big smile in his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Linda. I love your story. Your son is going to LOVE this card. I'm so glad you found a Bugaboo image to fit the occasion. Thanks so much for entering the Catch the Bug Challenge. I hope you'll join us again!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is SO sweet. I love the combination of papers and colors these are just PERFECT! Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Challenge for our May Anything Goes!!, Good Luck! I hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda this is just too cute!! I am sure your son will love it! Thanks so much for joining us this month at One Crazy Stamper : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! great guy card! Thanks for playing the OCS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Great guy cards.
    Thanks for joining our Manly challenge at One Crazy Stamper!
    cheers,
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thanks for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit My Creative Playground and to leave me a comment! I enjoy making new blog friends!