Monday, October 3, 2011

An Early October Birthday

Time to turn over a new fall leaf. I made a birthday card last night for my neighbour whose special day is today... Happy Birthday, Ellen!
I really like the Stella Rose paper
by My Mind's Eye. So I started with
a base and began to build. Bugaboo's
freebie this week, was just what I
needed to get my start. Copic markers
were used to colour and glitter was
added to the candle, stars and cake.
Glossy accents was used on the balloon. I outlined the sentiment with the Sakura clear pen....I liked the bit of glitz. A  button and some twine was added to the star. I hope she likes it! I will enter this card into the following challenges:
Catch the Bug - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafting - anything goes
Pile it On - do it for fun (eat cake!)
Inky Impressions - punches/dies
Southern Girls - anything goes
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge - layers
4 Crafty Chicks - anything goes
Sew Many Challenges - anything goes
Mark's Finest Papers - polka dots
Aud Sentiments - Happy Birthday
The Poodles Parlour - birthday and buttons and brads
365 cards - lovely layers
Paper crafting journey - dies and punches

18 comments:

  1. Lovely card :) Thanks for joining the INky Impressions Challenge ;)
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, fab image and great colours, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Linda, I love that big star and the sparkle looks fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge and helping us reach over 1000 entries :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and celebratory Linda your card is. Great layout and color design. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends "Dots" challenge this week. It is a delight to see how you did the dot part of the challenge this week. Good luck in the drawing and hope you can play with us again next week!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card!! love the star! thanks for joining out Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card and I love that cake!! Thanks for joining us over at 365 Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute birthday card. Makes me hungry for birthday cake LOL! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions:-)
    Hugs
    Michele S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great birthday card. Thank you for sharing at Aud Sentiments, best of luck.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOHH Birthday cake. I haven't had cake in so long. NowI'm hungry. Greta card. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so gorgeous hun...

    thanks for joining us at The Poodle Parlour...and good luck...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun card with all that DP and cute image. Thanks for playing in the Speedy the Cat challenge to use dots. We appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card! I love the colors! Thanks for joining our challenge at The Poodles Parlour this week.
    Tammy DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card x
    Thanks for playing along with us at Paper crafting journey & goodluck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the big star. Always enjoy seeing what people create when the theme is Anything Goes as the variety is astounding. Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug for this weeks challenge. Maybe you’d like to join us this week for a spooky challenge???
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun and cheery birthday card - Love the Bugaboo image! I'm so glad you shared your creativity for our Happy Birthday Challenge at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit My Creative Playground and to leave me a comment! I enjoy making new blog friends!