Monday, March 26, 2012

This is not good-bye...

My Mother completed her life journey Friday March 23, 2012 to be with her Lord and to be reunited with the love of her life...my Dad. What a full life she had! She was my best friend and confidante. We laughed and prayed together and this past week she just wanted to go home. My Mom and Dad were born the same day, same month and same year...October 19th, 1917. She was in her 95th year! Her passion was baking and cooking and her family owned the town's bakery. She tells tales that she caught my Dad with her butter tarts. I loved that our home on Saturdays was filled with the sweet smells of baking. She was also very crafty and she loved the cards I made for her. I will always remember her drawings, her needlepoint, crocheting, knitting, petitpoint, some sewing although I took up the passion for that. She dabbled in ceramics and often made us Christmas ornaments or  planters. She was a devout Christian who knew the scriptures well. She was wife, Mother and Nana to my two children who miss her dearly. She will always be in my heart but we will meet again!
     I love you Mom!

2 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy Linda....she sounds as though she was an energetic and wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to her this post is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit My Creative Playground and to leave me a comment! I enjoy making new blog friends!