Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Strawberry Margarita Pie

Our ballroom dancing is over for the summer but we are having a potluck bbq tonight to celebrate our successes, triumphs and a few trials and tribulations. I made this wonderful, refreshing dessert. I hope you try it!
4 c pretzel sticks, coarsely ground
3 T granulated sugar
1/3 c melted butter
Mix and firmly press into a 9" pie plate. Bake 425 for 5-7 min. Place in freezer to cool.
5 c strawberry ice cream
1 lime
2 T tequila and orange flavoured liqueur
1 c sliced strawberries for garnish
When crust is cool, place slightly softened ice cream in a large bowl. Squeeze juice from lime, stir in tequila and liqueur. It's ok if mixture is lumpy....mixture should resemble a thick milkshake. Spoon into cooled crust and cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm ( 4 hours) Let sit 10 min before serving and garnish if desired...yummy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing....the recipe looks yummy and simple. I am definitely going to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit My Creative Playground and to leave me a comment! I enjoy making new blog friends!