Friday, July 16, 2010

Fabulous Friday


Good Afternoon! Another beautiful day, after a good rain last night! My tomato plants fell over along with the Hydrangea. I spent a wonderful day with my brother yesterday visiting "old haunts". Once a year, we travel back in time to our place of birth and then visit with friends along the way. We ended up at the beach at the cottage of our old babysitters!! Talk about a walk down memory lane!
I am entering my card into the LRW challenge #37 Use a Tree. I bought this sweet stamp on a whim and put it away.  Like the phoenix, it has been resurrected! It is called the Heritage Tree by Stamping Bella  and I coloured it with Prisma pencil crayons, cut it out with a Nestability, and mounted it on my fav colour blue. I love seeing yellow and blue together so had to add some ribbon and a Prima mini flower. I think embossing the blue cardstock adds some dimension. I didn't think it needed a sentiment and for once, I didn't use it for a birthday card!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tree! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Linda! I love the embossing and you combination of yellow and blue too. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is gorgeous! Great embossing :) I also wanted to thank you for leaving your link on my blog. I'd love it if you grabbed my button and put it on your blog. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit My Creative Playground and to leave me a comment! I enjoy making new blog friends!